Sunday, August 21, 2005

Why I don't want to have a car

I used to always say, "oh I cant wait until I start driving", but now i'm am really reconsidering that thought because gas is constantly raising. Now it's almost $3.00 some places it already is. So how did this start in the first place it takes my mom almost $45.00 to fill up her tank on a small car, it's outrageous. But see I heard on the radio that it would be easier if everyone would ride the bus to work or to any desired location, but probably if everyone start riding the bus then most likely the bus prices would go up because more places to go and then some of the routes would have to change, so even more money,more drivers, more everything really. So either way it would cost people money. Then I heard about chicken fat, and your probably thinking "chicken fat? huh?" well yes. A school in California and somewhere else are using chicken fat and diesel gas to power their school buses, so I wondered would that save people money. I mean if you had someone give you free chicken fat, but they would still have to buy diesel gas which is not as much money as regular and supreme but raising constanly with them. So really there is no good way to buy gas so what can we do, go to work and other places every week and spend 80-100 dollars on gas....

3 Comments:

Blogger 5chw4r7z said...

What you are talking about is biodesiel. restaurants pay to get rid of cooking oil, so they will gladly give it to you for free to run in your desiel car or truck or bus.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Someone said...

I have heard this called "grassoline."

8:30 AM  
Blogger Andrew Warner said...

Alternative sources of energy is a very Green issue. As you get involved in politics you should look into getting involved with the Green Party if this is something that interests you. You can check out our blog at:

http://cincinnatigreens.blogspot.com

*I saw Robert solicit, so I had to as well.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home